Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 8, 2005, 10:59 AM   #1

Rejoice ye E-300 owners; you are destined to be the owner of a truly classic camera that certainly will become a valuable collector's item. In the mean time, use and enjoy a very remarkable camera. With the advent of the E-500, the E-300 becomes a treasure. One reviewer of the E-500 said it looks more like other DSLR's which is sadly true,and stated further how ugly the E-300 had been. It just shows howwarped a person's artistic views can become through repetitionby others. The beauty of the E-300 is that it looks like a camera - - insted of a camel (an ugly critter with a hump on top). Let the others hang a camel around their neck, but you E-300 owners be proud that you have a true DSLR that is "one of a kind" with a beauty and personality like no other.E-300 Owners! - Do you Agree?
enway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 8, 2005, 11:50 AM   #2

Ya, I'm a "classic" owner. But who cares? None of these digital cameras will likely have the longevity of my mechanical Nikon F2S-- or even my F3 (not that it'll matter once film becomes unavailable :evil.

Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 11:15 PM   #3

That "classic" look is what it's going to take to sell a camera in numbers, which is what Olympus needs to in order to keep the four-thirds standard alive. I'm betting they're going to do it right and am in the process of selling my Canon stuff right now and will have a new E-1 outfit in my hands on Tuesday. I'll be buying a second/backup camera within several weeks, and it'll most likely be the E-500, which looks like a winner to me.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 11:53 PM   #4

All the reasons why I bought the E-300, and did't bother waiting for the E-500!

The design of the E-300 is so much like the C-700 in body format.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote