Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Dec 16, 2005, 8:57 PM   #11

Mac - Thanks for the thoughtful reply and best of luck with the 70s. Like you said, there is really no bad choice here. I am a true novice in every sense of the word, so for me I'm sure that it is more of a comfort decision. I handled the Oly today and it felt very comfortable. I was surprised about the weight of the 70s - heavier than I thought it would be.

I think I'm going with the Oly, swapping out one of the kit lenses for the 14-54. I am starting to like the idea of the fact that it is a "purely" digital camera from the ground up including the lenses. I think I'll give it a shot! (no pun intended).

Thanks again for your insight.

itaback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2005, 9:11 PM   #12

The higher weight is due to the18-70mm lense. Its quite a bit heavier than the 18-55mm lense. From the specs,the bodies of the D50 & D70 areonly 2 oz apart. The Oly 14-54mm lense will add more weigh than the 14-45mm lense, but it will still be lighter than the D70. I hope you enjoy the Oly.I think its a great value.

macct is offline   Reply With Quote