Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Feb 19, 2006, 9:28 PM   #1

Can owners of the E-300 and E-1 please assist me by posting pics of both cameras side by side. I saw the pics on this site, but I would like to see pics from actual owners. Also, how much more bulk (size) does the additional battery grip on the E-1 add? Any help would be deeply appreciated!

Take Care and God Bless!:-)

lenseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2006, 11:36 PM   #2

The E-1 battery pack does add to the size of the E-1 enough to be considered a substantial difference, BUT....if you shoot many subjects ina vertical composition, it makes the camera so much easier to shoot that way with the extra release, as well as having a verticalAE lock, focus point selector, extra life batteryand the second command dial. I waffle back and forth alot between whether I want to keep it on or not because the camera is so much physicallysmaller without it, but when it comes to shooting something important,the vertical grip is always on.

The bigger the lens the easierthe E-1is to handle when the battery pack is attached. The two lenses I'd always want to use with the vertical release is the 50-200 f2.8-3.5 or the 7-14 f4.

I don't own an E-300, but I've played with one bunches at the local Fry's when I go there.They haveboth the E-1 and the E-300. The E-300 is much lighter. The body "seems" a bit wider....whether that's really the case or not I'm not sure. The next time I have a paying gig I'm getting a second body, and it'll either be an E-300 or E-330. I think I'd like the ability to use the body flash+FL50 combination
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 7:17 AM   #3

Not possible on the E-300...you can only use the FL-36 with the internal flash, UNLESS you have the FL-50 off camera.

Greg Chappell wrote:
I think I'd like the ability to use the body flash+FL50 combination
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2006, 6:39 PM   #4

Here some of the E-1 with the SHLD-2 Grip, FL-50 Flash and a Sigma 55-200m Lens

Only1Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote