Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 18, 2006, 7:49 PM   #11

Hi, I really liked your picture. I am still playing around with my two kit lens. I am just not confident enough to post any pictures yet...and not sure how to...but, have had some pleasing results from my efforts.
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 6:28 PM   #12

What lens would you suggest for modeling. Distance about 8-10 feet.

Mikefellh wrote:
Can no more tell you what lens to buy next, than to tell you what vehicle you should buy next (2 door, 4 door, pickup, minivan, van, motorcycle, etc)...at least not without you saying what you want to shoot.

Someone who shoots birds may want more telephoto. Someone who shoots archetecture may want more wide angle.

The choices you have are Olympus 4/3, Sigma 4/3, or manual lenses (requires an adapter). Here's a list of Olympus and Sigma lenses that are out, or will be coming out in the next few months:

Note that lenses with large ranges (18-180mm, 50-500mm) may be softer, and also look at the F-stop range to make sure you aren't getting a lens with a large Fnumber.

While you're at the above link, check out that site's other Olympus E-system articles at:
bobbyno is offline   Reply With Quote