Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 22, 2006, 7:29 AM   #1

Just to let you know Olympus has released new firmware for these models.

Nothing major for the E-300 anyway, just impoving the SPOT exposure. Here's some of my wish list that was ignored by them:

First I wish the AEL button worked like it did on the C-700, tap once to engage, tap a second time to disengage, and hold for two seconds to lock for multiple shots. Years ago I lost partial use of my right thumb, and to have to hold that button down while trying to hang on to the camera is very painful, not to mention a lot of stress being put on that button (I don't even use it anymore because I'm worried about damaging it and the circuit board it's attached to, I just switch to manual mode, but I would like it updated).

Second, a "custom reset", just like the C-700...with the C-700 I had the ability to set a shutter speed, aperture, white balance, etc. that the camera would default to every time I turned it on...that way I knew without looking what that camera was set to, and looking at a scene I'd know which way I'd have to adjust the camera, and know there won't be a setting out of whack; with the E-300 first I have to see what the camera was last set to before I even think of taking a shot.

Third, some of the E-500's firmware features like the multi-colour histogram, using the IR remote for bulb mode, the yellow-blue adjustment for white balance, etc. (this is more of a frivoulous wish).
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 23, 2006, 1:20 PM   #2

Thanks for letting us know about the updates! Keep them coming.

jorgen is offline   Reply With Quote