Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 25, 2006, 9:11 PM   #1

Just purchase Photogenic StudioMaxIII along with a Hot Shoe to Hot Shoe Safe Sync made by Wein. When I connected the Hot Shoe to my E-500 then to my fill light(StudioMaxIII) I cannot get it to flash. Have I been sold something (HotShoe) that will not work onthe E-500 or is it something I am doing wrong?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
GrandboysAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 25, 2006, 9:52 PM   #2

If your StudioMaxIII already operates at a safe trigger voltage (6 volts or less), then there may not be enough voltage for the SafeSync to operate. In any case if the trigger voltage is less than 24volts it is safe to use on the E-500.

I use some Aurora Genesis Monolights, and they have a trigger voltage of 2v...again when used with the SafeSync they wouldn't fire, so I bought just a $5 hotshoe to PC adapter and have no fears.

Find out what the trigger voltage of your lights are.

Just did a quick Google search and the ad at B&H says all Photogenic brand monolights are 5v...if that's the case it's as I wrote above, the SafeSync is not necessary and won't operate properly...but check the facts out for yourself.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote