Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 31, 2006, 7:55 PM   #1

I need to figure out a way to fix the zoom on 4 40-150 lenses that came with the Oly E-500 package.

I need to have this lens set at 60mm. I could set it, then tape it. But I want to be able to use the full scope of this lens, then quickly turn it back to 60 mm.

I placed a really small mark on the barrel, but the focal length doesn't go back to the same spot every time. I can mark where it registers 60mm. I can then turn the barrel and try to come back to it and find that I'm at 57 or 58 mm.

If I tape off the lens, I know that someone will take the tape off and use it for a personal use then try to put it back to 60 mm and re-tape it. This isn't acceptable for our specific purpose at work. I just want to make it more useable for the people and still satisfy our needs.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

maroon141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:37 PM   #2

Do you want 60mm actual (120mm equivalent), or 60mm equivalent?

(sorry, but I want to make sure you know what you're asking, as some people who have to use the E-500 at work don't understand the issue of the E-500 focal length and that you have to multiply 2x to get the equivalent 35mm film camera equivalent)
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2006, 8:55 PM   #3

60mm on the lens (120 equiv)
maroon141 is offline   Reply With Quote