Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Nov 4, 2010, 9:36 AM   #1
Default Pen used to film action scenes in "Secretariat"

Hi all, for all the non believers about the video capabilities of the pen, this may be a real eye opener, as Dean Semler used several pens to film close up actions scenes in the new movie Secretariat. in the interview he is holding an e-p1 but not sure if those are the pens he used in the film as he never really says, but he does make reference that larger dslrs would not have let him get the shots he wanted & got. I thought all you horse fans like Greg C. would like to know this if you plan on seeing the film. Link follows.

cshanaberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 4, 2010, 12:45 PM   #2

If one tweets to twitter then I recommend following Olympus on twitter for many posts such as Charles has shared. Some quite interesting and in some cases a bit eye-opening regarding where and how the PL1 is being used.

Here is a link I found interesting of how a PL1 was used at the U.S. Open tennis tourney.

Though I've no interest in the video features of the PL1 and likely will never use a PL1 for sports shooting I do find it very interesting as to how the camera may be much better at either than is generally posted in the discussion forums.

So, if you want quick references to PL-1 'stuff' follow Olympus on twitter.

..... I also follow Steve's Digicams and my favorite storage site SmugMug, Bibble Pro & MLB among 20 or so tweeters for much information not readily (read easily) found otherwise.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2010, 2:49 PM   #3

Hi Charles/Bob,

thanks for the links.

I've already seen 'Secretariat'- great movie.And, even though, everyone knew the outcome it was still thrilling to see the races. I had no idea that Pen cameras were used.

I've bookmarked both links and plan on reviewing the sites from time to time.

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote