Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Nov 6, 2010, 10:40 AM   #1
Default ...getting anxious, but why?

There is no reason for me to have a PL1 except that I want one. I can't imagine how I might use a PL1 that it would produce any better photos than the cameras/lenses I already own including the C7070WZ that made these and these are how I likely would use a PL1..... it is nearing decision time for me, I am getting anxious for something new... maybe a PL1!

Last edited by boBBrennan; Nov 6, 2010 at 11:01 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 6, 2010, 10:51 AM   #2

Sounds like someone who is trying to rationalize and justify a decision that his sub-conscious mind has already made.

(Nice shots.)
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2010, 11:11 AM   #3

easy answer: if you can afford it, you should get it. unless you're planning to live forever, eventually you will run out of time to have fun. do it now.
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2010, 11:21 AM   #4

As Steven said, sounds to me like you've already made the decision.....

I will say this, you should definitely go to Arlington Camera and try out it out on your own. And try it with and without the VF-2 viewfinder as the cost will quickly escalate from a $525 purchase for the E-PL1 and 14-42 kit lens to something approaching $1,000 including the VF-2, MMF-2 adapter, and extra lens etc.

But, I agree with Frank, life is short, get what you want that makes you happy.

P.S.: you'll fall in love with the damn thing.

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:30 PM   #5

Those first two images are beautifully lit and perfect examples of using the great depth of field achievable with smalled sensored digicams.

The snow looks beautiful....9 months removed from when it happened!

Wonderful wall of photographs, too.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:12 AM   #6

I have a few old cameras that still take excellent pictures. However, just recently I bought the EPL1, the Pentax Kx (returned) and the GH1 (could not pass on the deal). This is on top of the G1 that I have (and like). The only thing is, make sure you buy from a retailer you can easily return if you get disappointed. Some times I expect too much from a camera, primarily based on all that I read about it on the net (forums and such). In that case, it goes right back. I returned the Kx in a little over a week. It was obvious to me that we (the Kx and I) would not get along very well.

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote