Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Feb 18, 2012, 6:06 PM   #1
Default well... finally bit the bullet!

Hi, just a post to thank all those who helped me in choosing my camera, I ended up going for the e-pm1 in the end. Had set my heart on the e-pl3, reserved the e-pl3 online and drove 40 miles to a store to collect it, arrived at store, camera not in stock! when will it be in stock? "who knows" was the reply. they did however have a white e-pm1 kit in stock. After 20 minutes of playing with it and the sales assistants gentle persuasion i left the store with it in hand! i have not posted on the forum for a while as i have been working away however i was very busy plotting during this time! The store i got it from ran a special offer a few months back offering a voucher code with 50 off purchases over 200 when buying a new laptop, i already have a good laptop so didnt qualify for this offer however many entrepreneurial people did and then they listed the voucher on ebay which i bought for 1.00. As it so happens olympus are currently running a 50 cashback offer on PEN cameras purchased in the uk this month. therefore i made a total saving of 100 off the total of 358. meaning i got my e-pm1 with 14-42 kit for an amazing 258. this leaves me with 100 towards a longer zoom which i instantly realised i needed! I also got it covered for any accidental damage/malfunction for 2 pcm. thanks again guys!

By the way this camera is utterly awesome, to anyone who is trawling the forum and contemplating getting this (or other PEN), JUST DO IT! you will not be disappointed it really is as good as the forum would suggest! not had much chance to get out and about yet working 7 day weeks but i can see this camera getting alot more use over the coming months! And if you remember from my original post then youll be pleased to know that my daughter hardly even noticed she was on camera!
tom1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links