Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Mar 7, 2012, 1:08 PM   #11

Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
Sigh, someday I'll understand most of this. My only goal is to be able to use PSE 10 effectively.
I am the same as you James
I am using PSE 8. but it does what I need
FredS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:05 PM   #12

I don't think too much has changed, especially in PSE's ACR. I started with PSE 8 and I don't see any changes I would think were very useful for most folks.
Olympus OMD-M5, HLG6 grip, Olympus 4/3rd 35mm macro lens, Panny/Leica 25mm, f1.4, Olympus 17mm, Canon Pro 9000 Mk II Printer, Canon MP990 Printer, Slik U212 Tripod, Manfrotto monopod, MMF3 converter.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:13 PM   #13

I don't intend to get involved with LR but these are indeed impressive results Greg. One of the things I hope will improve in ASP is the highlight control, while it does make difference there was a time, maybe one of the beta versions of Bibble V5 that the highlight control was significantly better IMO than it is now.

LR does seem to do some things better than ASP, I think highlight and shadow corrections are a couple of those things I see.

I may download a sample and try it out.......
boBBrennan .. FB=> http://tinyurl.com/dxlwxfz

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:06 PM   #14

As I was zoomed in and watching the feather detail in applying the highlight, whites, shadow and blacks controls on the egret shots, the detail being rendered in the feathers and highlight control around the edges were impressive.

Sharpening and noise reduction controls look the same, but the level of processing everywhere else meant I had to make some adjustments in the settings I applied in CS5. It always happens to some extent, and here, the new version has, again, rendered all my presets null and void. I have to reset, but for a good reason. Everything looks better.

To the point it has me wondering if I really want to bother trying to grab an E-M5 before my trip or just wait until after I return....and pay off all the bills....
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote