Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:01 PM   #1
Default Some B/Ws from Salzburg, Austria

Have just returned from an extended trip to Salzburg, Austria. Traveling with my vintage E-PL1 and the MK I kit zoom with the 40-150mm M.Zuiko and plenty of memory cards. Had all the intentions of shooting RAW with SFine jpegs, coming home and developing the "winners" but well, things don't always go according to plans.

I set the picture mode to monotone, inadvertently leaving the yellow filter turned on (I was a bit distracted at the time). Shooting on Manual, spot metering, trying to expose for the "18 percent gray" and not blowing out the highlights. Did have to go in and adjust the curves on some of the exposures. Still coming to terms with using the higher ISO settings

So rather than the usual travel pics, here are some views from my brief visit to the SALK -- Salzburger Universitätsklinikum Landeskrankenhaus

A room with a view

Hallway and chairs...

Floor 2 Hallway, night time...

Floor 2 Hallway -- the fellows are watching a EuroCup match...

The morning after the game. I saw a lot of the hospital from one of these chairs...

Morning coffee (or what they called coffee)...

Fresh bed sheets...

The IV bottle tree, I was the only one in the room not hooked up to one...

Cardiology, awaiting another ultrasound of the heart...

Meanwhile outside, morning commuters...

My wife looked at these and commented on the lack of people in the shots. I explained that not being able to speak the language, it felt very lonely even with all the people about. I was released after 6 days and finally got to enjoy Salzburg while waiting to be cleared to fly again. I'll post some of those soonish.

Last edited by KulaCube; Jul 3, 2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Correcting the image file references
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links