Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Jul 22, 2012, 4:05 PM   #11

Ah, there you go, much better. And now the depth of field -- I am forever fighting to get a good depth of field when photographing certain flowers up close and personal. Zig's suggestion for using focus stacking software sounds like a route to try to obtain a nice "crispy" sharp image of the entire orchid blossom.
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 4:54 PM   #12

thanks all - for your comments. I will hopefully get another couple of tries with this orchid before the blooms fall. These plants are pretty amazing, when they bloom the flowers stay the same for weeks into months. They almost appear fake. We have another that has purple blooms that has nothing now and will be a few months from what we hear before another shoot comes up from the base and drops out beautiful flowers. I think if the person who dropped these here for safe keeping ends up taking them back I will need to buy some to replace these...

And yes I will definitely try some helicon focus stacking next go round. I am jealous of the cameras that are supported for helicon remote after reading about that
in my bag: e-m1, 7-14mm pro, 14-54mm mk ii, 50-200mm mk i, 70-300mm
in my pocket: e-pm2 lumix 12-32
ramcewan is offline   Reply With Quote