Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:31 PM   #1
Default A Few More Images From This Past Week

After scanning through a few more files today here are some more of my favorite images from this past week.

Watching the whale watchers coming in from Zig's boat, with the 7.5mm Rokinon..

The Old Number 6. This was the first of two images where I utilized this buoy, both using the 45mm f1.8..

And here's the second. I think I'll call this one "Red, White and Blue"..

Grist Mill, again, with the 45/1.8..

A dune, captured with the 7.5mm Rokinon..

Out To Sea.... with the 45/1.8..

Waves of grass. Again, with the 45/1.8..

On the beach in Chatham, with the 7.5mm Rokinon..

From the marsh out to sea, with the 12mm f2..

I posted this one earlier, then went back in Adobe Camera RAW and brightened the foreground area using the local adjustment brush..

And last, one of the closeups I captured using Zig's 35mm f3.5 Macro Zuiko..

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Aug 9, 2012 at 8:01 PM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:48 PM   #2

Sweet stuff, Greg!
-- Bob.
BarefootPilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2012, 7:52 AM   #3

....doesn't look much like north central Texas, nor anything like the left coast, I think I would like Cape Cod very much.
boBBrennan .. FB=> http://tinyurl.com/dxlwxfz

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2012, 8:32 AM   #4

Great shots! you've managed to do a nice job capturing the cape vibe.

The fisheye shots are especially nice, are you doing post processing to correct the horizon?
in my bag: e-m1, 7-14mm pro, 14-54mm mk ii, 50-200mm mk i, 70-300mm
in my pocket: e-pm2 lumix 12-32
ramcewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2012, 8:38 AM   #5

Isn't that cool how straight the horizons come out? Nope, that's how they look as-shot. If you level the camera when shooting with this lens both vertically and horizontally (I use the in-camera digital level to do it) the horizon comes out straight as an arrow. If there are objects up close, they will be distorted to some extent, depending on where they are in the scene.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 9:59 AM   #6

As always, a great series of images.

What I find fun and fascinating, is that you and I were together for probably 80% of those images. Yet, I don't think we have two similar images.

You got out of Dodge at the right time, yesterday we had downpours that you read about, Tornado warnings, and crazy winds. LeeAnne was supposed to fly out yesterday at 4pm and as of 9pm last night her flight was still on the ground.

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:09 AM   #7

Yikes, what a nightmare of a travel day that must have been. Everything worked perfectly for me on Wednesday, even driving back into Boston. GPS is a wonderful thing .

Katherine's Sony RX100 arrived yesterday. Last night I had a chance to play with it and help her set up the various options. Impressive to say the least. Sony's implementation of the one fn button is ingenious. You can program it to enable up to 7 different options, including ISO to bracketing, Dynamic Range Optimization, etc, etc. I like having at least one or two fn buttons customized for one specific purpose, but having one call up mulitple options is much faster than having to go menu-diving like you have to with the E-M5 if one wants to bracket a series of images as one example.

As soon as I got home, I had to pull out my 50mm f2 Macro Zuiko and play around with it some. I guess I need to make more use of that lens, especially when I get my E-M5 back. Seems about the same autofocus speed as the 35/3.5. I took it to the arboretum early Friday morning when the crowds were much less and the temps were not yet too bad. Bad enough though, especially compared to shooting in Cape Cad .

f4 is about the best compromise in terms of getting close and retaining a minimal amount of depth of field, so it does not really matter too much whether you're using the 35mm f3.5 of the 50mm f2. Up close and stopped down one stop at f2.8, depth of field is wafer thin..

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Aug 11, 2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 2:31 PM   #8

Great shots. The Cape is so scenic and I would love to visit there one of these days. Zigs boat looks crispy clean and is that Zig's home second from last picture? Oh, why is the fencing around the dunes Zig?
Olympus OMD-M5, HLG6 grip, Olympus 4/3rd 35mm macro lens, Panny/Leica 25mm, f1.4, Olympus 17mm, Canon Pro 9000 Mk II Printer, Canon MP990 Printer, Slik U212 Tripod, Manfrotto monopod, MMF3 converter.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote