Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Nov 13, 2012, 7:39 PM   #1

Default Olympus Pen E-PL1 LCD Protector

I have been looking for a LCD protector for my E-PL1. I'm looking at the GSS Optical glass protector, and the more expensive ACMAXX protector. The ACMAXX advertises that it mounts to the camera body rather than the LCD. Is this a good thing for my Pen, whereas the LCD is slightly recessed into the body of the camera.

I would appreciate any input from those of you that have used either of these LCD protectors, and am willing to listen to other suggestions as well.

I've searched this forum already, and was surprised I came up empty on this subject.

Thanks in advance for any input.
OscarTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 13, 2012, 9:44 PM   #2

Have you considered this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Micro-Solution...ds=olympus+e-5
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 4:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post

Thanks for the reply! No, I haven't really looked at the plastic film type lcd protectors.

I ended up ordering A GGS Optical Glass LCD Screen Protector. It's less than $6, and has many favorable reviews on Amazon, but I was hoping to gain some input as to how it fits the E-PL1. I'll post what I think after I receive, and install it .
Attached Images

Old Nov 19, 2012, 7:59 PM   #4

For anyone that might be interested, I really like the LCD protector I referenced in the post above. It is everything I was hoping it'd be. On the E-PL1, it attaches to the narrow recessed edge around the LCD, it does not mount directly on the LCD. Because it has a glass layer, and because there is a slight gap between the LCD and the protector, it looks perfect, no bubbles. It is not noticeable when viewing the LCD, and it actually looks like it belongs there.

I ordered the 2.7" for the Pen, and the 3' for my Z-12, I am just as happy with the protector on the SZ-12.

The only thing is once this thing is on, it's on, so I had to carefully line up 2 corners, then carefully tilt it down to it's final resting spot.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 7:29 AM   #5

I've got one on both my E-PL1 and my Nikon D3100. They do indeed look like they originally came on the camera and can not be beat for the price. Much better than the protectors that stick directly to the LCD screen. I am 100% happy with this product and I don't say that about many things.
BackBayBiloxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:25 AM   #6

I have something similar to that. My only issue is that even after cleaning I somehow got some dust underneath it before attaching it. That's my fault and not its fault though, obviously. The dust is annoying to me but invisible when it's turned on.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote