Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Nov 17, 2012, 9:26 AM   #1
Default Just another walk-in-a-park

.....was a 2-mile enjoyment through one of our 150+ year old historical sites linear parks which runs alongside Village Creek. There is nothing at the park now other than the name (Village Creek Historical Area) signage and a state historical marker with brief mentioning of the reason.

But the Battle of Village Creek is well documented and a simple 1-page telling of its history is here http://tinyurl.com/75fbxou.

Knowing some of the history of Village Creek makes the trip more interesting to me when I take time to stand on the high banks and look along the creek sometimes imagining how it may have been 160 years ago.

Yesterday we had a bright sun and a stiff wind (leaves were leaving the trees in a hurry).

It was great day for the E-P3 and FT 9-18.

.....and the trail ends at the creek crossing at yet another linear park. This is a great walk with stops along the way at the creek crossings.

I saw a (new for me species) butterfly yesterday but the 70-300 was in the bag and the 9-18 doesn't do butterflies.

My 2012 images of this park, including my favorite butterfly (Mourning Cloak) image of the year are here http://tinyurl.com/axczcur.

Thanks for looking.................
boBBrennan .. FB=> http://tinyurl.com/dxlwxfz

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

Last edited by boBBrennan; Nov 18, 2012 at 7:13 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:43 AM   #2

Like much of that battlefield, I believe all of my great-great grandfather's land is also now underneath Lake Arlington.

I have not been to that park. Looks like another visit with you on a Saturday morning is in order...

I'll let ya play with the 60mm macro. By this next weekend, I should have the hood.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:17 AM   #3

Bob, I like these images, something about pathways always speaks to me, they bring to mind the Robert Frost poem The Road Not Taken. I think there is something spiritual in the image of a path that speaks to where one might be going, especially when there is a gateway or entrance to the path. I am working on a set of gateways in the woods as we have many places in the northeast, especially NH, that were once fields bordered by stone walls that are now again wooded. When I come across those gateways in those several hundred year old stone walls that offer a path deeper into the woods I feel a sense of timelessness.
in my bag: e-m1, 7-14mm pro, 14-54mm mk ii, 50-200mm mk i, 70-300mm
in my pocket: e-pm2 lumix 12-32
ramcewan is offline   Reply With Quote