Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:02 PM   #11

Greg: Really like the cactus shot. Very beautiful plants but vicious if one is not careful. Love the detail in that shot. And do agree with James, that is one formidable "Contralto"
Drew: Nice capture in the library, one can almost hear the quiet hush of the room. Especially appreciate the Cat-in-the-Hat in the Special Collections.
RA: As one who had to shoot a lot of beer in the studio, that is one "beer clean" glass. Now just shift the angle so that you don't get the white coming through at the bottom. Does look tasty. As to the snow, call up the histogram when taking your exposure readings, open up till the highlites are just short of clipping
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 9:01 AM   #12

I like the shot out of the Oly viewer better than the others also.
Olympus OMD-M5, HLG6 grip, Olympus 4/3rd 35mm macro lens, Panny/Leica 25mm, f1.4, Olympus 17mm, Canon Pro 9000 Mk II Printer, Canon MP990 Printer, Slik U212 Tripod, Manfrotto monopod, MMF3 converter.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 4:17 PM   #13

Kula - thanks for the tips, and for the beer clean comment, I had not heard that term before.

Here's a Carolina Wren looking a little perturbed at me for taking it's picture

P1198242 by ramcewan, on Flickr
in my bag: e-m1, 7-14mm pro, 14-54mm mk ii, 50-200mm mk i, 70-300mm
in my pocket: e-pm2 lumix 12-32
ramcewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 6:36 PM   #14

Ok cool, it seems like I've been all of over the state the last couple weeks, and was just in Wilton, which is probably in your area. I've been looking over a couple of photos and definitely having trouble recovering any sky while keeping the snow "white"

drew881 is offline   Reply With Quote