Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:52 PM   #1

Default Wow, three days....

Can't let it stay static around here for much longer than this. I would post some images of the Notre Dame linebacker's fake girlfriend if I could find any. That not being possible...

Captured with the E-M5 and 60mm f2.8 macro on a tripod at a table of macro subjects we used for practice this past weekend during the photo club meeting..

Captured in a cemetery with the 75mm f1.8 Zuiko..

Also with the 75/1.8, this was during a walk along one of the trails at the Heard Nature Center before our meeting this past Saturday..

Gabby, same 75/1.8 captured at f2 and with the Olympus FL600R flash..

The 17mm f1.8 Zuiko, focus placed on the far back building. Depth of field and sharpness at f8 leave little to complain about..

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:23 PM   #2

....great images, glad you went active. For me, it seems an eternity since I was last out. I did charge all my batteries a couple days ago and reorganized the cases.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 9:06 AM   #3

Life has been busy. Just spent the last three days at Dartmouth for a job interview. Managed to snap a couple of shots while there, but the weather was bad for most of the trip.

Special Collections at the library...wish I had a wide angle for this.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8044/8...35bdb9fa_k.jpg

The Connecticut River:
drew881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 9:52 AM   #4

I like the detail of the bird droppings on the statue in the nature trail.

Love the Schnauzer pic and nice boobs on the statue with wings.

The library pic is great, the capture makes it look very expansive.

All said, great pics!
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:27 AM   #5

Dang Drew, those are beautiful shots. You couldn't ask for straighter lines in the library image and that bridge scenic is really well done too. Glad it was you and not me in that weather , but being there does have its' advantages when a scene like that presents itself.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
....great images, glad you went active. For me, it seems an eternity since I was last out. I did charge all my batteries a couple days ago and reorganized the cases.
I'm running over to AC in the morning early to pick up a Phottix focus rail they special ordered for me. Hoping to do more macro/closeup work with it. Focus-stacking with the 60mm macro should be much easier for sure.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:40 PM   #7

Greg - after seeing the focus rail it is clear to me that it is the best way to do focus stacking, can't wait to see the results you will achieve with it and the 60mm.

Drew - you were in my neck of the woods!

Not much going on here, bad weather and birds have been scarce. I took out the camera yesterday morning on the way to work to try and capture the morning after the snow storm at sunrise. When we have a heavy wet snow with some wind it tends to stick to the trees until the next day when the sun melts or the wind blows it all away. It can make the woods appear serenely beautiful while it lasts, so I figured I'd try to capture it. But alas my skills with exposing properly for the snow are not so well developed.

This was first attempt pretty much standard processing via Olympus Viewer 2, taken with the 14mm f2.5

P1178183 by ramcewan, on Flickr

I tried again with ASP to bring the snow up to white which meant sliding the exposure up to 2.0. Crop difference is due to the lens correction profile applied.

P1178183 by ramcewan, on Flickr

not sure I was happy with the end result, still fiddling around.

here's a two shot stitch from the same scene but with the 45mm f1.8

P1178178_stitch by ramcewan, on Flickr

hmm other than that I did take a shot of my very well poured black and tan the other night

P1058148 by ramcewan, on Flickr
Old Jan 18, 2013, 2:30 PM   #8

I think I like the darker one better. Which part of New Hampshire are you in? I was at Sunapee a week and a half before after a conference in Boston.
drew881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 3:10 PM   #9

The big question is, did you stay on the right/correct side of the "Posted" sign..
Old Jan 18, 2013, 5:45 PM   #10

Drew, I am down near the border with ma between 93 and the seacoast, I have snowboarded at sunapee a few times, but not yet this year, how was it? On the brighter exposed one I actually used the white picker to pick the white of the posted sign, I tried the snow in spots but it either turned the rest too blue or too warm. I think somewhere in between the two would b best.

Greg, I didn't have my snow boots so I stayed in the car... The sign is actually for the land to the right of the tree which is a residence, walking straight ahead is permitted along a trail, to the left is a Farmer's field that I have taken a few shots from. If I had had my boots I would have walked in a bit and tried for better composition... Lesson for next time.