Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:28 PM   #1

Default Winter Whites

Tried posting these before but made a mistake in the sizing.

These were taken about two weeks ago when we had a fresh layer of snow. Shot with the vintage e-pl1.

My wife with the "kids" Oly kit lens 14-42 Mk1

The original Post Office -- Lens Nikkor 35mm f2.8

Wolves tracking Moose -- hey it was cold and they froze in place. Again with the Nikkor 35mm

And finally the local lawn bowling club. Have tried many times in the summer to capture the action, but the game is just too fast. Again, the nikkor 35mm and a little post (not well done) to open up the shadow and bring our the green of the building

The skies were very clear and a deep blue, so the shadows in the snow reflect that blue. The lake offshore was almost the same blue as in Greg's "Contralto" statue shots -- just a wonderful day to be out and about.

Now experimenting with Aftershot to post process my shots. Not quite as intuitive (for me) as Lightroom, but I like the price.

Last edited by KulaCube; Jan 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM. Reason: meant to add closing comment
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2013, 8:56 AM   #2

Like the wife/kids shot and looks great with the vintage Oly. Also like the old post office shot.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:12 AM   #3

Thanks James. The silver poodle is ours (she fills in for a grey card at times) and the minis were staying with us over Christmas.
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:40 PM   #4

Nice series. Perfect WB.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote