Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Mar 20, 2013, 9:50 AM   #1

Default ....there ain't gonna be much for wildflowers and monarchs this year in Texas

The reports out of Mexico indicate the Monarch butterfly migration will be the least it has been for many years if not ever due to the weather and diminished forest (nesting area). Here, the natural milkweed patches are very scarce. Last year we had few monarchs compared to usual and this year looks to be more stressful for all butterflies.

Here, we have continued drought conditions and in our 'natural area' city parks where there is no watering except for rainfall the wildflowers are not happening.

I was out yesterday for a quick walk through one of our natural area parks which last fall looked as if it would be flourishing by now; it is not, the soil dryness there is sad.

My first Bluebonnet of the spring and a couple other plants made the E-P3 and ZD 35mm look pretty good.

The Bluebonnet was about 3-in length, the others approx 1 1/2 inch diameter each.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2013, 3:44 PM   #2

Thumbs up

What pretty flower shots there, Bob. The color really sparkles on all of them, especially the blue in #1 & 6.

Obviously that camera/lens combo works really well for you.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2013, 8:19 PM   #3

Bob, do you know what #2 is? Those are always plentiful in the stands Highland Park does each year.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2013, 9:59 PM   #4

Thanks Steven, the 35mm works really well on the P3.

Greg the only bloom I know of these is the Bluebonnet, #2 is nice plant and all our parks here have them.

The red/orange/yellow is my now favorite (I don't know it either) that I will be looking for, the folded bloom is about the size of a large olive. This was the only plant I found but I do want some more chances at it.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2013, 1:30 PM   #5

I think my favorite is the next to last one.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2013, 2:18 PM   #6

No Monarchs??? I'm lucky to get a handful of them around July so I'm guessing I'll be lucky to see one. Did have an interesting looking yellow/gold butterfly last year but only saw it one day and of course, by the time I got the camera and put on the macro, it was loooooooong gone.