Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Mar 26, 2013, 2:22 PM   #1

Default One (somewhat cold) Morning at the Botanical Gardens

Gotta be careful how I described "cold" knowing where some of you guys live . Colder than we care for in late March is probably more appropriate. It was even colder later that day than it was while I was out with my E-M5 and 14-150 shooting these..

One last I couldn't resist from the next day. She's definitely figured out how to use the small travel pillow! With the 14-150 and FL50R flash..

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2013, 2:25 PM   #2

They all look good as usual, but I especially like the closeup of the pink rose.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2013, 3:28 PM   #3

The 14-150 focuses suprisingly close. I have not yet checked to see if the close focus distance varies along the range like it does with the 75-300. If it does, it does not by much as I was not finding myself having to back off as I zoomed in to get closer
Old Mar 27, 2013, 8:56 AM   #4

Great shot of your pooch, a cutie for sure. Greg, when you get some time, please send me your RAW default settings for Adobe.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:05 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
The 14-150 focuses suprisingly close. I have not yet checked to see if the close focus distance varies along the range like it does with the 75-300. If it does, it does not by much as I was not finding myself having to back off as I zoomed in to get closer

That was one of my biggest initial disappointments with the 45-200. Coming from Superzoom land I didn't even think about minimal focus distance.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:14 AM   #6

The 75-300 M. Zuiko, and I assume the new version, is the same way. At 75mm it will focus down to 3 feet. From 76-300mm it's 5 feet. That's why I was so glad to see Kenko come out with the micro four-thirds extension tubes. I used to use the similar Olympus EX25 tube with the 70-300 and 50-200 Zuikos with my Olympus DSLR's to do closeups, but it was pleasantly suprising seeng what was possible with the 14-150 without resorting to the tubes.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:14 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
Great shot of your pooch, a cutie for sure. Greg, when you get some time, please send me your RAW default settings for Adobe.
Hi James. I'm sorry, I did intend to do that by now. Expect something this evening.