Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Apr 28, 2013, 9:01 PM   #1

Default Olympus E-P3 $379 at Adorama

Adorama is offering both the black and silver Olympus E-P3 with kit 14-42mm zoom for $379 as of today. This is both on Adorama's own web site and via Amazon.com.

I actually ordered one myself today - despite not needing any more cameras. Not only was the deal too good to pass up but, frankly, I really think Olympus acheived its best color rendering with the original, 12mp, Panasonic sensor for micro four thirds.

Yes, with this camera I probably won't shoot above ISO 1600 very often. And that's fine because I have plenty of cameras for high ISO work. But I think I will continue to enjoy the look, feel and handling of the E-P3 for quite some time despite its replacement being due very shortly.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 29, 2013, 8:45 AM   #2

congratulations on your purchase, it sounds like you've thought it through and decided the E-P3 is a good match for you.

I am surprised to hear you are choosing it when you have the E-PM2 already, but I guess since you've tried the new sensor you're in a better position to make a judgement call than I am.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 8:54 AM   #3

The E-P3 is a good feeling camera to work with. It'll be going with me as my backup on some upcoming photo-specific trips. I hope to never have the chance to use it, as that would mean my E-M5 would have died .
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2013, 8:56 AM   #4

That's a great price for the camera/lens.

Congrats..!!
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:05 AM   #5

That's a great deal, really hard to pass on but like Biro, the last thing I need is another camera.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:14 AM   #6

Holy coshmoly, you've got a regular camera shop in your home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biro View Post
Adorama is offering both the black and silver Olympus E-P3 with kit 14-42mm zoom for $379 as of today. This is both on Adorama's own web site and via Amazon.com.

I actually ordered one myself today - despite not needing any more cameras. Not only was the deal too good to pass up but, frankly, I really think Olympus acheived its best color rendering with the original, 12mp, Panasonic sensor for micro four thirds.

Yes, with this camera I probably won't shoot above ISO 1600 very often. And that's fine because I have plenty of cameras for high ISO work. But I think I will continue to enjoy the look, feel and handling of the E-P3 for quite some time despite its replacement being due very shortly.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 1:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcewan View Post
I am surprised to hear you are choosing it when you have the E-PM2 already, but I guess since you've tried the new sensor you're in a better position to make a judgement call than I am.
Well, I've wanted the E-P3 for a long time but the price was simply too steep. As with most of my other cameras, I waited until close-out season began before striking. The 12mp sensor offers some advantages over the 16mp sensor and vice versa. But, for me, the handling of the E-P3 is what's so nice. For me, the E-PM2 is essentially my point-and-shoot that offers more control if I really need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
Holy coshmoly, you've got a regular camera shop in your home.
Yes, you're right. I suppose I've been a bit self-indulgent with this but I think it's because retirement isn't that many years away and once that happens, new-camera purchases won't be easy. And, I can honestly say, I'm almost exactly where I want to be with my kit - GAS pains have definitely been easing. But the best part is almost all of my cameras were purchased at deep discount to MSRP - often on close-out.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote