Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old May 4, 2013, 5:25 PM   #1

Default ...it was Chevy time at Nostalgia Nights

beginning with this stunning '57 Nomad. E-P3, FT 9-18 and all processing done from RAW in AfterShot Pro by Corel.

....and this super nice '58

.....the '55 models were headed by this Bel Air

...........Oh! and this Studebaker. I don't know anything else about it

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; May 6, 2013 at 7:36 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2013, 8:54 AM   #2

That Nomad is one unique design. I am assuming those wheels are not stock

The back must open up like a station wagon, right?

What a group of car fanatics.

That next-to-last image with your perfect reflection in the chrome is cool.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; May 5, 2013 at 8:56 AM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2013, 10:52 AM   #3

Quote:
The back must open up like a station wagon, right?
Yep, the Nomad was a dressed up 2-dr and 4-dr station wagon.

In 1954 the Nomad was a concept based on the '54 Corvette. The Nomad ran production 55-61 but never showed Corvette influence.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; May 5, 2013 at 6:56 PM.
Old May 5, 2013, 11:43 AM   #4

The usual beautiful car shots Bob. Didn't even know Stud make a pickup.
Old May 5, 2013, 11:59 AM   #5

Hey Bob

Now those are fab set of pics and some of them are just perfect .. but it looks like you need a 7-14 for a motor like that!

Cheers

Harj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2013, 7:12 PM   #6

James, thanks and Studebaker had a complete range of trucks from small to great big.

Harj, thank you very much for the kind words. Shooting the cars is my Friday night relax fun time with the camera. As for the 7-14 it would be fun to see what it might do. The 9-18 works so well on the E-P3 with the VF-2 I am becoming quite fixed to using it for almost everything but for butterflies.

One of the problems with shooting the cars is that I do not like seeing the 'fluff' stuff around the cars but when they are parked in ordinary parking spaces it cannot be helped that people and other cars encroach the scene........ so I shoot the different angles which in some cases allow for the very tight crops while keeping a decent composition..... It is tough to get full car shots in a clean comp, it doesn't happen all that often.

But then for these it is just a weekly local FREE park-n-show which I enjoy photographing and the owners seem to like the photos of their cars that I make so we all have a good time at it. We do get some very nice cars and every week is something different, it is fun.

If you missed my link this is some of the other cars => http://tinyurl.com/86pjd3o

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; May 5, 2013 at 11:30 PM.
Old May 5, 2013, 11:16 PM   #7

Thumbs up

Another super set of car shots, Bob. You really did well on all of them, but my favorites are your wonderful captures of the Chevy Nomad station wagon. You really did a good job on capturing that beautiful paint job on it.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 10:21 AM   #8

Hi Bob,

What a fantastic set of pictures you posted, I like the way you framed the interior shots.

Nice bright colors and very sharp, the 57 Nomad is my favorite.

Have a great day.

Marcelo
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2013, 10:26 PM   #9

Really enjoying scrolling through the photos the candy clear coat colours, the great flares of the sheet metal. You are really using the that 9-18 to nicely catch the exuberance of the designs. And then you hit us with that "mind-wobbler" shot of the Studie! The nose and bumper almost looks like a bad facelift. Its a really nice capture up to just short of the light surround/bumper.
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2013, 11:12 AM   #10

......well, I've been getting over a severe facial sunburn for the past week after going to the Rangers baseball game last Sunday. The good news is the Rangers won the game and my nose is NOT going to fall off.

So, thanks to those of you I've not recognized yet, I am happy you like the cars images. For me it has gotten to the point that I latch on the FT9-18 to the P3 and that satisfies every angle, closeup, landscape and want that I shoot of the cars.

The new show place for the cars has them parking east and west where the former place was north and south. At first I wasn't too pleased with the east - west parking because the show runs 6-10 PM so the sun is an issue whether facing either direction BUT! the FT 9-18 handles the flares so well and my style is mostly angles that the light is playing as a great resource for interesting composition involving the late day sun angles.

It is a bit of crappy weather here today and looking like maybe tomorrow. I'm hoping my friend will be able to show, Jake has promised he will come tomorrow night with his 1.21GW - flex capacitor gaarbenstangle that has a new zoenstift for the right hand power dipolect disinjoiner. Hope he gets there with his Delorean, he now has it rebuilt and driveable.

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; May 9, 2013 at 11:42 AM.