Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Aug 27, 2013, 2:26 PM   #11

Originally Posted by KulaCube View Post
Love these captures, reminds me why my wife and I need to do a holiday in this region rather than continuing on up to PEI.
Will be curious to see if the "new" 12-40mm m.zuiko will challenge your 14-54
If money were not an object the M. Zuiko Pro 12-40mm f2.8 constant aperture would make an excellent replacement for my 14-54mm ... but alas I'm not made of money and at the predicted $900/$700 with OM-D EM-1 (package price $2200) the 12-40mm f2.8 is out of my reach for now.

That said if the 12-40mm is as good or better than the 14-54mm, which I expect it will be, I think it is a great thing and honestly fairly reasonably priced when you consider the Panasonic Lumix 12-35mm is still fetching a cool grand.

I expect anyone who shoots with Olympus bodies or even the new Panasonic GX7 will choose the 12-40mm.

Originally Posted by KulaCube View Post
And on a non-photo subject, you mention Lobster Rolls. A tasty treat to be sure. But you need to sample a Lobster Clubhouse -- usually not on the menu. Just give the waitress/waiter your most charming smile, order a clubhouse, have them replace the turkey with lobster. Makes a sandwich fit for a King!
I have an aversion to mayonnaise so the only lobster roll I'll eat is the "warm" variety where they warm the lobster meat in clarified butter... my wife likes the lobster rolls so I'll mention it to her though...

by far my favorite thing to do is to go buy a pound of lobster and a pair of petite filet mignon's, grill the filet's and warm the lobster in heavy cream with a touch of sherry and then pour over the top of the filet's... Send the kid to the in-laws for the night and serve with a nice Pinot Noir
in my bag: e-m1, 7-14mm pro, 14-54mm mk ii, 50-200mm mk i, 70-300mm
in my pocket: e-pm2 lumix 12-32
ramcewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:07 PM   #12

Bar Harbour was a bit less scenic when we were last there in 2011
Attached Images
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2013, 7:29 AM   #13

Beautiful pictures! I love going to Maine for the same reason. There are so many things to see and capture on camera
Weebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:28 AM   #14

Beautiful shots Rancewan,

The 3rd and last are my favorites, Maine is so beautiful with so many photo opportunities.

Thank you for posting.

MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote