Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Aug 19, 2013, 3:24 PM   #1

Default ....from the FT 9-18 on my E-P3

Greg's post showing the m43 9-18 through the zoom range shows off the lens' spectacular results, but in Greg's hands most lenses seem to spell spectacular in capital letters, it has been that way forever.

I'm here to tell'ya that the FT 9-18 lens even at my skill level makes some really nice imaging too.

There it is again, my proud for the FT 9-18 and it along with my other FT Zuikos will be an awesome fit to the E-M1......

I use the lens for other than shooting cars too, but these are from the past couple times at the show.

The m43 9-18 is so small one could misplace it and not see it for a long while but the FT 9-18 has considerable bulk over the m43. For me the big lens fits perfectly for reasonably light heft, in hand balance and bag-fit and I have it so I am a lucky picture snapper for it. When AF will work as well, or just nearly as well, as the m43 lens I will be in a 'giddy' mood for sure.

@ 9mm we had an awesome turn out last Friday evening, here with the camera held as high as I could reach

@ 11mm ... the people who sponsor the show

@ 13 mm ... to show off a really big chevy engine

@ 18mm ... an ordinary crate 350

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2013, 9:47 PM   #2

Nice shots Bob. Did you get any close-ups of that 1960 Chevy two-door hardtop in the first shot? It looks like a really nice one.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2013, 9:58 PM   #3

Some Friday night......I need to get over there. Time's getting short as we're losing evening light fast. Beautiful colors. Is that the normal number of participants? There are ALOT of cars out there.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2013, 10:26 PM   #4

Nice shots Bob
Keep those classic car shots coming
FredS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2013, 10:48 PM   #5

...thanks guys, what fun I have every Friday night

Greg, last Friday was the first time ALL available parking spaces were used. There are rules and one is that when there are no available spaces then cars 1970 - current may be asked to park away from the show so that a car older than 1970 can park.

This happened Friday night when Sherri asked me to move so a '49 Merc could have my place...... I was leaving for home anyway but would have gladly moved for the show. Great people and cars!

The light does go away early now so I shoot only cars I've not seen yet this year. Presently I have 573 in the Smugmug gallery.

Steven, that '60 is a really nice car, I have made (not Last Friday) some files of it but discarded them because too many people were being seen or other distractions could not be cut. He is a regular and has several cars, maybe he will bring that car again soon.

Here is a sweetheart 1959 that you might like, others of this car here => http://tinyurl.com/kaeonpk

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Aug 21, 2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 2:17 PM   #6

Nice shots Bob. I spotted that 58 Chevy with that ugly bluish paint job. God I hated that color when they came out. I had a black 58 Chevy with the 348 tri-power. Never did run good, constantly fooling with the carb linkage.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 9:03 PM   #7

James, that '58 is one of the really well done restorations we see there. He has a couple others but this '58 is the better of them and somewhere around $70,000

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Aug 30, 2013 at 9:42 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 12:58 AM   #8

An amazing turnout of really fine cars, well captured. You do a fine job with your 9-18. But as I scan your photos, I'm noticing a distinct lack of hipster cars, like these...
Attached Images

Last edited by KulaCube; Aug 25, 2013 at 1:03 AM. Reason: forgot the photo attachment duh
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2013, 8:52 AM   #9

Quote:
I'm noticing a distinct lack of hipster cars, like these...
......touché! That's a 'cool-looking' bunch o'CUBES. Which one is the Kula mobile.

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Aug 30, 2013 at 9:42 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 1:03 PM   #10

I am going to be honest, those cubes are one of the ugliest cars made. But that is just my opinion. I'm sure they are great on fuel and very affordable....and different for sure.