Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Aug 24, 2013, 11:30 PM   #1

Default Evening by the lake

Okay, not all sailing on Lake Ontario is muggy and drained of colour. Here are a few shots that almost make me want to take up sailing again. Sometimes the light can be just wonderful...

Breakwall at the mouth of the 16, with one of our romantic lighthouses

Looking out to the fleet

Returning to harbour in the failing light

This last shot is of one of these high speed flyers where the crew are in trapeze harnesses and stand out on the hiking wings. To be young again...

First two images were taken with the good old MK1 kit lens, the M.Zuiko 14-42mm L ED at 200 iso. The second two taken with the M.Zuiko 40-150mm at 400 iso. I rarely shoot above 400 as i start to notice the noise creep up, and yet there are occasions when I set the E-PL1 to iDiot (oops, I mean iAuto) and it merrily shoots at 1200 iso and the results are not terrible
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 25, 2013, 8:41 AM   #2

Those scenes would make one want to get out there...... the 40-150 does really well in the second photo, it is a favorite, I very much like it.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Aug 25, 2013 at 11:57 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:55 AM   #3

You sure can see the difference in the shot with the MKI and the others. I'm sure glad I found a super deal on my MKI. Is the best lens I have owned to date.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 10:24 PM   #4

James, this is the M4/3s lens--the original E-PL1 kit lens, not the 4/3s 14-54mm Mk1. Bob, glad it entices you out onto the waters. I had been following this boat in -- they were flying until they started to get into the lee of the harbour -- and that is when my manual exposing caught up
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2013, 10:44 PM   #5

The light on the sails in that second image is really nice. Really well exposed.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote