Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Aug 24, 2013, 11:43 PM   #1

Default Typography, Side Mounts and Tail Lights

A day trip down to Port Dover on Lake Erie. What was once a fishing town is now a touristy destination, famous for it's Friday the 13th motorcycle days and foot-long hot dogs. But amidst all tawdry shops and kids heading to the beach, there are some gems to be found...

From the side of a lowered Chevy half ton

The local tow truck hood

Then caught this quick series of a Pontiac Catalina doing a three point turn by the pier

KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 25, 2013, 8:37 AM   #2

.....excellent!

The 14-42 (assuming from EXIF) makes really nice images. I like your subjects and compositions, these are well done. The GMC truck hood is GREAT, I wish it were in my collection.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2013, 12:00 PM   #3

Nice shots, been a long time since I saw an exhaust with cut-outs. I remember when I was a pump and I put a cut out on my dad's Olds F85 Jetfire which was a 215 cube, 215 horse stock alcohol injection motor. That car was fast, even beat a Ford 406 in a quarter mile race. Well, when I got the car for one night I took the cap off the cutout and when I returned near my house and stopped to put the cut out cover back on it was missing. Where to get a cap at 12 midnight. I shut the car off when I neared the driveway and coasted into the garage. I was in bed the next morning and heard the car start up and shut off quickly. Well you know the rest of the story, got my butt kicked and no car privileges for quite some time.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 10:09 PM   #4

Thanks Bob, James. Yes the original 14-42 can capture fine images as long as there is light and more light and not too much in the way of tiny "fiddly bits". My church interiors from Bavaria and Salzburg are passable but not as amazing as could be captured with one (any) of the newer lenses.
So what is the point of the caps on the cutouts? I don't remember anything like that when I was young. I was looking to put some on the cube...
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 8:42 PM   #5

Good job. I don't see you in any of the reflections!
drew881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 9:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
.....excellent!

The 14-42 (assuming from EXIF) makes really nice images. I like your subjects and compositions, these are well done. The GMC truck hood is GREAT, I wish it were in my collection.
Ditto.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:56 PM   #7

....for the exhaust pipes, Google for 'Lakes Pipes'

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote