Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Oct 21, 2013, 9:44 PM   #1

Default Some fall objects.

Well the Pirates are eliminated from the post season (still a GREAT run), the duck has left the roost for good, and before I know it Autumn is almost half over.

I headed out to the park with every intention of getting some great landscape/tree shots, but I'm in a phase right now where all of the shots I like are closeup/isolation of a single object or shape that seems interesting to me. I always thought I was more of a "big picture" kind of person but not right now.

SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 22, 2013, 1:28 PM   #2

All very nice Sammy.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 4:24 PM   #3

The little whispy-like cotton structures are cool. Very intricate. Alot to look at.
Greg Chappell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2013, 9:14 PM   #4

Very nice shots. That is a great capture of the oak leaf as it changes -- around here they just quickly go brown. And the milkweed shot is very special. Too bad there were not many monarch butterflies to enjoy the milkweed. Bob called it in the spring...
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2013, 3:44 PM   #5

Very nice shots, my favorite is the last picture.

Marcelo
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2013, 8:26 AM   #6

Thanks guys. I think the milkweed one is my favorite too--I must have gotten it just as it opened for them to be that nice. The one with the kite in the tree will have to be in the "seemed like a good idea at the time" category as I've now had two people ask what that thing was. Seems like I didn't quite get my idea across, haha.

Since I took these it's seemingly done nothing but rain for two days, so we'll have to see how much "fall" is still left out there. Have four day weekend coming up though so might have to do some driving around . . .

Last edited by SammyKhalifa; Oct 24, 2013 at 8:28 AM.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 5:30 AM   #7

Camera and lens? I am always curious what equipment and how it is used.
MacBook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2013, 6:51 PM   #8

They were mostly with my trusty E-PL2 and the Olympus 45mm (except the old wall shot which was with the Panny 20 I think). A little bad news this weekend as the little plastic thing that latches the battery in place broke. The door still keeps it in and the camera running for now, but I worry.

I know people say the 45 is best as a portrait lens (and it does good at that), but I've been using it for landscapes and semi-closeups more often than I thought I would. I like it. If someone made me pick between the 20 and the 45 I don't know what I'd choose.