Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Nov 12, 2013, 7:35 PM   #1

Default ....day of veterans appreciation in JPG

The more I use the E-M1 with JPG files out the more I am impressed.

At our Veterans Park in Arlington yesterday I shot a few scenes of the attendance.

E-M1 FT 9-18 JPG output

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Nov 13, 2013 at 9:52 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 12, 2013, 7:58 PM   #2

Very nice pictures Bob, looks very sharp but on my monitor the WB looks like is a little off (yellow channel).

On the first picture I noticed a dark spot but I think is some dust on the lens because it is too big to be on the sensor.

Camera
E-M1

Focal Length
9mm

Aperture
f/10

Exposure
1/500s

ISO

I'll delete this picture from my gallery as soon you noticed the spot on the picture.

Marcelo
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2013, 8:52 PM   #3

Nice serie but where is the snow ???

Gears: Olympus Gears including OM-D E-M5 and E-M1 with 12-50mm, 15mm f8 cap lens, 60mm Macro, 25 and 45mm f1.8, 40-150 f3.5-5.6 and MMF2/3 4/3 adapters. Olympus E-30 DSLR, 9-18mm, 12-60mm SWD, 35mm Macro, 50-200mm SWD, 70-300mm, FL-36R. Also Rokinon mFT 7.5mm f3.5 Fisheye, and it is more than enough ... I hope!
folob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2013, 9:20 PM   #4

Marcello, not certain what that spot is, I will need to check it with some 'sky' shots similar to this so to see it if it persists, I've not seen it before. I don't think it is dust on the lens.

Thanks for noticing, I appreciate your critique.

....morning, Wed 11/13/13 --- I mounted the 9-18 as it was from the bag (not used since the above images) and noticed a 'small' smudge near center of the lens. I shot a couple 'sky' focused shots but did not see the spot in the files.
I've cleaned the lens and will look for the spot next usage........ hopefully the spot showed due to 'light angle' to the smudge and won't be seen again.

Gilles, you may see in the photos.... the sun was very bright yesterday at noon and was 77 deg F. Today cooler at 50 F and overcast. No snow today but hard freeze tonight. The light today surely would have been better to photograph the outdoor scenes.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Nov 13, 2013 at 9:45 AM.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:43 AM   #5

Wow, I like the look from that 9-18. Cool scene too.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:50 AM   #6

Sammy, the FT 9-18 is outstanding on the larger m43 cameras .... it has been my 'goto' lens for a long while on the E-P3 and now it will be practically fixed permanently on my M1.

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old Nov 13, 2013, 2:45 PM   #7

Nice series Bob.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:58 PM   #8

[QUOTE=MarceloLI;1361627]
"On the first picture I noticed a dark spot but I think is some dust on the lens because it is too big to be on the sensor."

Marcelo, good eye for noticing the blob, but I think it is an UOOS -- Unidentified Object On Sensor. Bob, have a good look at the sensor, it looks like a similar blob I once had -- only showed up on certain sky shots but closer examination showed it to be there on quite a few. Bought a make-up brush and sweep the crud away, now carry said brush everywhere
Attached Images

KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2013, 11:14 PM   #9

It is a nice series of shots. Some of those fellows in uniform still look quite spry and dapper -- good for them. Warm sunny weather certainly helps. I'll take that sharp clear light rather than the dark overcast we had. I'm with "where's the snow" Gilles though, I was so cold I could not get my hands to pull the camera out of my jacket when the Lancaster flew over the cenotaph during our service. All I could manage was a shot of the service standards and flags as they marched off.
Attached Images

KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote