Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Nov 17, 2013, 7:43 PM   #1

Default Memory Card Error E-PL1 Fix

I am using a Kingston 16GB Micro SD card with adaptor in my EPL-1.
Take a lot of photos and upload them to my PC. Just recently getting an error message on the camera screen. Sometimes goes away and then usable. Reformatting did not help.

Think I solved the problem.
Just bent the adapter a touch with the card inside, no no problems.
Figured the micro SD card in the adapter wasn't making perfect contact with each other. I do remove the adapter a lot so it can be inserted into a card reader. Must have flexed it a bit too much over the past year.

Something to try if you encounter the same error message.
Sven123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 18, 2013, 7:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven123 View Post
I am using a Kingston 16GB Micro SD card with adaptor in my EPL-1.
Take a lot of photos and upload them to my PC. Just recently getting an error message on the camera screen. Sometimes goes away and then usable. Reformatting did not help.

Think I solved the problem.
Just bent the adapter a touch with the card inside, no no problems.
Figured the micro SD card in the adapter wasn't making perfect contact with each other. I do remove the adapter a lot so it can be inserted into a card reader. Must have flexed it a bit too much over the past year.

Something to try if you encounter the same error message.
Thanks for the report. I just recently had a problem with me E-PL2 where the little clip that holds the battery in place broke (right now the door is the only thing keeping the battery from springing out of the camera), so I have the feeling I have a similar rigging job in my near future.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:13 PM   #3

Had numerous problems similar to this with an older Sony and the "memory sticks" in an adapter. Enough to make me swear off using any adapter system. It is amazing how these cards can still work even when we flex these little circuit boards about.
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote