Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Nov 30, 2013, 8:14 AM   #1

Default ...a walk with the 14-54 & E-M1

Again I used only the 14-54 lens on the E-M1 to walk through one of our nature-area parks where several foot bridges are key to the park trail.

The day was a 'windy-day' late and most of the leaves had left the trees and it was so bright it was really tough (for me) keeping highlights from blowing away too.

But, using the tripod and WiFi some of the idea I had came through. Using the iPHONE in a shaded area to view camera set up is a big plus on a bright day like it was.

The lenses I haven't really used ( 14-54 & 50-200) in the past year or so with the E-P3 are coming around again & feel very balanced with the M1.

Here are a couple from my walk through at Crystal Canyon Nature Area.

E-M1, Zuiko 14-54 vI, SLIK 823 CF, WiFi (iPHONE), M-mode

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Nov 30, 2013 at 8:50 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2013, 9:54 AM   #2

These are very nice shots Bob but on my monitor they appear to be slightly over sharpened but then again it could be the brightness of the day or I may need a new monitor. My monitor is at least 3 years old or more and although it is HD, it is not true HD as in 1920 x 1080.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 10:11 AM   #3

You chaps with the M1 will eventually get me to buy a M1 so please stop posting photos of excellent quality. A few OOF and drab pictures may change my mind.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 10:21 AM   #4

Very nice Bob. I like number 1 the best... the way the bridge rail emerges from the lower left corner leads your eye right down the foot path.
chiPersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2013, 5:33 PM   #5

Bob,

Those pictures are very sharp, the 14-54mm was my favorite 4/3 lens, I liked it better than the 12-60mm.

Looks like you have a great set up for success.

Marcelo
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2013, 9:00 PM   #6

I like them. Well done Bob.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2013, 10:11 PM   #7

Thanks all for looking and commenting, I am thrilled each time I pick up the M1.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old Dec 1, 2013, 11:53 PM   #8

Hi Bob.

Assuming from what looks like a new bridge, is this also part of the just completed park? I need to get over there. Very nice.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2013, 8:24 AM   #9

Greg, this is not the new park near my home.

This is Crystal Canyon Natural Area, the development, trail and bridges (there are several bridges), is 18-mos old. CCNA is located on Brown Blvd immediately east of Collins at the foot of the big hill, south side of Brown.

It can be really fun to photograph with a good-light day, this day I was there at wrong time of day and did not make enough set up time for the condition. I wanted to try the M1/tripod/WiFi and hurried around the course.

This park stop can be a real challenge and it can be very satisfying to photograph when it is in bloom, I think you would like it.

I shot this the day before dedication (May 2012), with the E-300 & 14-54. http://tinyurl.com/otfuc24

boBBrennan.smugmug.com