Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Dec 3, 2013, 9:10 PM   #31

You'll want it for the Em-5 with the shadows and highlight recovery. You can really do a lot with bringing them out, so you can decide how to shoot a sky/and foreground shadows at the time.
drew881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2013, 7:03 AM   #32

Originally Posted by Axanar View Post
Cool, thanks, I'll have to give it a shot. I'll probably stick with LR4 as that is what I own and have been used to.

Even the thought of figuring out how to start post processing (with all of the multitude of possible adjustments) was intimidating.

But, now that I have at least been seeing that I have been able to improve my JPEG images with some simple PP, I think it is time that I start to dabble with raw since that supposedly gives the most control
So am I right in understanding that you're tweaking JPGs in Lightroom now? I can't imagine it will be a very steep learning curve then. The RAWs start out much more bland than the JPGs but it's mostly the same process. The huelight profile is a cheap way to get the images look closer to the JPG (at least for the EPL2).
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:50 AM   #33

If your camera allows it, shoot raw+jpg for awhile. That too is transparent to the user in LR in that you'll only see one image in the catalog and when you open a photo for editing it defaults to the raw image. If you don't like your results you will have the in-camera processed jpg available.
chiPersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2013, 12:22 PM   #34

Originally Posted by drew881 View Post
wow, sounds like a great deal.
indeed, I have to agree
Saillut is offline   Reply With Quote