Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Jan 2, 2014, 10:56 AM   #1
Default The TopazLabs filters

I own now 7 of them (Adjust, BW Effect, Denoise, Lens Effect, ReMask, Restyle, Simplify and Star Effect) ... with ReMask to one that I am really not good at it.

For my purpose, it should be what I need for a while. I love to be able to edit my shots without having to learn all the tricks and capabilities of Photoshop Elements (or Lightroom) and still be able to end up with nice pictures.

Anyway, this is some of them I posted lately:

Reaching Up (EM-5):

Spotlight (EM-1):

Subway Reflections (EM-5):

A bouquet of Bokeh (EM-5):

Like Royal Stairs (EM-5):

The Christmas Star (EM-5):

and A Winter Path (EM-1):

Please let me know what you think

Portfolio: http://agilephotography.deviantart.com/

Gears: Olympus Gears including E-620, OM-D E-M5 Mark II and E-M1 MK 1 with 14-150mm Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, 15mm f8 cap lens, 60mm Macro, 25 and 45mm f1.8 and MMF3 4/3 adapters. On the 4/3 side: 9-18mm, 35mm Macro, FL-36R and FL-50. Also Rokinon mFT 7.5mm f3.5 Fisheye and 85mm f1.4, Pentax 50mm f1.7 with K to m4/3 adapter, Olympus OM 200mm with OM to m4/3 adapter ... and it is more than enough ... I hope!
folob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 2, 2014, 11:58 AM   #2

Those are fantastic Gilles. Nice job!
Olympus OMD-M5, HLG6 grip, Olympus 4/3rd 35mm macro lens, Panny/Leica 25mm, f1.4, Olympus 17mm, Canon Pro 9000 Mk II Printer, Canon MP990 Printer, Slik U212 Tripod, Manfrotto monopod, MMF3 converter.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:12 PM   #3

At first my favorite one was the wineglasses, but it is the last one I keep going back to to look at over and over. The slight HDRish quality (maybe?) on "Like Royal Stairs" confuses my brain for just a second as to what I'm looking at, but after adjusting I think it makes the shot more interesting.

I had been considering some of the Topaz filters at one point, but then I pushed the trigger on the Nik bundle when the price dropped, which is more than enough to keep me occupied at the moment. I really like their noise reduction, Viveza, and colorefx: I've yet to get very good results with the B&W or HDR tools, though there are some very very good examples out there that show it's me that's the problem and not the software.

Last edited by SammyKhalifa; Jan 2, 2014 at 12:14 PM.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2014, 11:16 PM   #4

Very, very nice work! My faves are Subway Reflections and A bouquet of Bokeh.
chiPersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2014, 5:25 PM   #5

reaching up is my favorite. It makes me feel like I am actually laying under the trees....WOW
avic77 is offline   Reply With Quote