Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old May 16, 2014, 7:46 AM   #11

.......thanks Alan

I do usually make most all my dragon shots early day, but primarily because that is when I am out.

.......... blue 09:35 (E-P3)
.......... green 08:25 (E3)
.......... bronze 10:46 (E-P3)

The 'buggers' are fast any time and when I first started photographing dragonflies it seemed an impossible task. It was quite easy to become frustrated, then one day I made a couple pretty good images. I've been hooked since and now have a fair idea of what I am looking for in the way of composition.

I've a lot from the E-3/50-200 before I found the 70-300 was the better lens for this. I owned the 70-300 for nearly 2-yrs before using it regularly because I did not make time for it, instead choosing the 50-200 over it mostly because I was shooting high school baseball and that (50-200) was my lens of choice for nearly everything I shot.

BUT! the best setup I have for dragons & butterflies is the E-P3/VF-2/ZD70-300, manual mode.

Same setup for MACRO bugs (when I am not using the 35mm MACRO lens).. often with the EX-25 tube behind the 70-300 for extreme close-up comps.
boBBrennan .. FB=> http://tinyurl.com/dxlwxfz

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

Last edited by boBBrennan; May 16, 2014 at 8:25 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote