Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old May 25, 2014, 11:21 AM   #1
Default Dancing in the late afternoon light

I noticed this set of trees with the late afternoon rays and couldn't help but try and do the subject some justice..

I love trying to capture landscapes like this too, but I have to make myself not try and pull shadows up too much as there really are areas of darkness in a subject like this..

And a few other images you probably haven't seen as I just decided to process them, first from the Washington Memorial Chapel, with the 7-14mm f4 Panasonic..

A peaceful landscape in the morning fog at Gettysburg..

Along the Confederate lines on Seminary Ridge..

General James Longstreet and his assisting robin..

The Louisiana Memorial as seen from behind and looking towards the Union lines on Cemetery Ridge, and you won't believe this character is a Patron Saint. The Catholics really do have all their bases covered, Meet Saint Barbara, the patron saint of artillerymen.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; May 25, 2014 at 11:35 AM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 25, 2014, 9:02 PM   #2

I really like the first shot, the trees seem to be dancing in the afternoon light to my eye which I believe means you captured what you wished to show which is wonderful. I also like the fence in number four, the composition leads the eye into the image.

And as far as the patron saint of artillery, that's a new one on me, as you say they have their bases covered. I have heard that people will bury a figurine of St. Joseph to help sell their homes as he is the patron saint of real estate
in my bag: e-m1, 7-14mm pro, 14-54mm mk ii, 50-200mm mk i, 70-300mm
in my pocket: e-pm2 lumix 12-32
ramcewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2014, 9:12 PM   #3

Wow ! Very nice serie indeed
Portfolio: http://agilephotography.deviantart.com/

Gears: Olympus Gears including E-620, OM-D E-M5 Mark II and E-M1 MK 1 with 14-150mm Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, 15mm f8 cap lens, 60mm Macro, 25 and 45mm f1.8 and MMF3 4/3 adapters. On the 4/3 side: 9-18mm, 35mm Macro, FL-36R and FL-50. Also Rokinon mFT 7.5mm f3.5 Fisheye and 85mm f1.4, Pentax 50mm f1.7 with K to m4/3 adapter, Olympus OM 200mm with OM to m4/3 adapter ... and it is more than enough ... I hope!
folob is offline   Reply With Quote