Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:22 PM   #1
Default I want you to know.............

...hi y'all,

I've been a bit busy the past week and want to tell you of it. I'm now home and getting on

BUTTT ..Monday morning October 27 along about 0700 I had a stroke. My wife found me on the
floor of the shower. Fortunately she recognized symptoms of sroke and called 911. The
emergency response EMS teams from fire rescue and ambulance were here within a few minutes.

I still was paralyzed to my left side when the paramedics got me to my feet, onto a gurney
then off to the hospital where I received the drug TPA. TPA dissolved the blood clot on my
brain almost immediately they said. A couple hours later I was taken to a stroke specialty
hospital in Fort Worth, Texas where for the next 3 days and 3 nights I was kept in Neuro ICU.

I also had 2 CT scans, an MRI and an angiogram while there and now have proof of a 7mm aneurysm
seen at the front center of my brain. We've elected to ignore any 'fix' attempt because of risk
which deminishes greatly if left alone; it will be CT scan monitored at 3 & 6 month intervals
to watch for any size increase of the aneurysm..

I am feeling very well today and have been given my doctors' releases come Monday next to
resume my normal daily activities.. SO, if I can convince Bonnie, I will get the camera out for
a bit.

Thanks for reading of my adventure the past week....and for me it was quite an adventure.

I did receive a couple PMs from forum members who also know me on FaceBook; I greatly appreciate that, Thank you!

Bob Brennan
Arlington, Texas, USA
boBBrennan .. FB=> http://tinyurl.com/dxlwxfz

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

Last edited by boBBrennan; Nov 2, 2014 at 5:20 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:36 PM   #2

G'day Bob

Hey mate - thanks for the update, and my thoughts go out to you

You're 10 years ahead of me and I also had an unplanned hospital visit some monthe ago, so I guess I know some of what you are going thru

In your case - I am very pleased to hear that you're thru the worst of it and back to 'normal' ... trying to tame that darn camera to take the photo that your mind sees moments beforehand

I hope all continues to improve and you have many years of romantic & photographic pleasures ahead

Heaps of Hugs mate, Phil
Has Fuji & Lumix superzoom cameras and loves their amazing capabilities
Google me at Travelling School of Photography Australia
Recent images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:05 PM   #3

Thank goodness you are doing so well -- and that Bonnie was so alert. Here's to your continual improvement and returning to full activities on Monday, or whenever you're ready! What a week this must have been.

MacBook a.k.a. Elliot
MacBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:54 PM   #4

It seems that you were quite lucky and you have the best wife ever (don't worry, she will let you take pictures)!

Try to take it easy for a couple of days and come back with your usual nice shots

Portfolio: http://agilephotography.deviantart.com/

Gears: Olympus Gears including E-620, OM-D E-M5 Mark II and E-M1 MK 1 with 14-150mm Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, 15mm f8 cap lens, 60mm Macro, 25 and 45mm f1.8 and MMF3 4/3 adapters. On the 4/3 side: 9-18mm, 35mm Macro, FL-36R and FL-50. Also Rokinon mFT 7.5mm f3.5 Fisheye and 85mm f1.4, Pentax 50mm f1.7 with K to m4/3 adapter, Olympus OM 200mm with OM to m4/3 adapter ... and it is more than enough ... I hope!
folob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2014, 4:26 PM   #5

Bob: I'm sure that everyone on the forum is pulling for you. Our thoughts and prayers go out and wish the best. We will all be waiting for your updates and are glad that so far the response has been so positive.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2014, 6:07 PM   #6

Wow, wow, wow. I am so glad to hear things have gone well. You know if I can ever doing anything, just call.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2014, 8:18 PM   #7

Oh geez. I'm sorry--get well soon.

Good to know someone smart and quick was close by.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:28 PM   #8

I'm so glad you are back at home and you and your wife are doing well.

Good wishes and blessings for both of you.

Take it easy and welcome back..!!

MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2014, 4:52 AM   #9

Scary story Bob, glad your wife was on hand to get you some quick care.
Hope all goes well in the future for both of you.

blkms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2014, 5:28 PM   #10

Bob, wishing you a speedy recovery and look forward to continue seeing your shots.
drew881 is offline   Reply With Quote