Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:09 PM   #21

Originally Posted by Paul-H View Post
Hay Guys, I am feeling left out, I don't get this at all and I am using Chrome.

was it something I said

Looks like you already had a good pop-up blocker app on your browser. You missed the fun. LOL

Originally Posted by SammyKhalifa View Post
Warm up with Winter Savings!
Okay Sammy: how many lens did you rush out and buy?
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:49 PM   #22

I on principle will not switch browsers or install new programs to avoid an advertising issue. I'll just go to different sites that aren't as invasive. It isn't just that I can get rid of the problem by downloading this, but that other people will still be affected. For the excellent quality of this board and the sake of attracting new users (that is what keeps this forum fun; Greg: I can only see so many awesome pictures of Dallas parks) I hope this is removed. I understand pop-up windows, click-bait slideshows, and everything else that is ugly with the internet today. But this is a site that shouldn't have to pander to that level. I don't mind non-evasive ads that run on the side and I understand their necessity. Again that is another reason I don't use adblock, and I actually do click on various ads in sidebars when they catch my interest. I might have even clicked that Tamron link had it not been so awful.
drew881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:00 PM   #23

G'day all

I have logged in 24hrs after you all and got the same bluddy nuisance ads - and also found my Firefox > tools > Adblock was somehow set to 'allow popups on Steve's site' tho I can't ever recall choosing that setting

However, it has now been unclicked ... so Mr Tamron has hit the bucket
As D88 ^ infers - if there are ads/sidebars on a site, I prefer to examine them -if- it interests me, not to have the damn thing splashed on the screen again & again which is bluddy annoying

Whomever at Tamron thought up this particular bit of nonsense 'should' be looking for new employment soon

Has Fuji & Lumix superzoom cameras and loves their amazing capabilities
Google me at Travelling School of Photography Australia
Recent images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:45 PM   #24

I don't see the ad anymore (IE and Firefox)
Portfolio: http://agilephotography.deviantart.com/

Gears: Olympus Gears including E-620, OM-D E-M5 Mark II and E-M1 MK 1 with 14-150mm Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, 15mm f8 cap lens, 60mm Macro, 25 and 45mm f1.8 and MMF3 4/3 adapters. On the 4/3 side: 9-18mm, 35mm Macro, FL-36R and FL-50. Also Rokinon mFT 7.5mm f3.5 Fisheye and 85mm f1.4, Pentax 50mm f1.7 with K to m4/3 adapter, Olympus OM 200mm with OM to m4/3 adapter ... and it is more than enough ... I hope!
folob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:29 AM   #25

Originally Posted by folob View Post
I don't see the ad anymore (IE and Firefox)
The problem was fixed at around 5:00PM EST. See this thread:

What's with the pop up ad that covers ever page.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote