Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Feb 21, 2015, 8:47 AM   #1
Default ...what about this camera update procedure using SD card

I'm dubius of this but also wondering who, if any, may have attempted it. Some have reported it works ..

For all the many years of Olympus digital updating to camera firmware many of us have wanted a 'media card' procedure.

Who if any has/is brave for it ... I am not NOR DO I RECOMMEND the procedure.

BUTTTTT........ some report it works, here is the RUMOR 43 link >> http://tinyurl.com/ng9lj4q
boBBrennan .. FB=> http://tinyurl.com/dxlwxfz

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

Last edited by boBBrennan; Feb 22, 2015 at 11:11 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:16 AM   #2

Did I read somewhere this firmware update will be released officially on something like the 24th or 27th?

I think I'll wait. I'd be the one that Bricked my camera trying.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:20 AM   #3
Default February 24 is the 3.0 firmware update date

From the Olympus web site:

Olympus Imaging Corporation (President: Haruo Ogawa) is pleased to announce the latest firmware Version 3.0 for the flagship Compact System Camera, OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 (Micro Four Thirds System standard compliant), scheduled for release on February 24, 2015. With the firmware Version 3.0 update, a maximum 9 fps*1 AF tracking sequential shooting is now possible, improving the ability to capture moving subjects.

The OM-D E-M1 is the Olympus flagship Compact System Camera, with dustproof, splashproof, and freezeproof performance. Equipped with an on-chip phase detection sensor, this model is capable of high-speed, high-precision AF even when using a Four Thirds or Micro Four Thirds lens.

By reworking the algorithm on phase-detection AF when shooting at continuous AF (C-AF), the previous AF sequential shooting speed of 6.5 fps is raised to a maximum high speed of 9 fps in Version 3.0. This improves AF tracking performance when using C-AF to shoot in Sequential H mode. When set to C-AF, 37-point on-chip phase detection AF is used. This lets users accurately capture moving subjects so they never miss a photo opportunity.
The latest firmware Version 2.5 of the dedicated smartphone app, Olympus Image Share, is also supported. Users can now select movies as a shooting mode, and record movies while viewing the Live View screen on a smartphone.
MacBook is offline   Reply With Quote