Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Mar 5, 2015, 4:07 AM   #1
Default Automatic Lens Cap OM-D E-M10: no filter...

Yesterday I ordered the OM-D E-M10 with both the pancake kit lens as well as the 40-150 mm telelens. The pancake will be fitted on the camera for 99% of the time. For practicality I was thinking about fitting the pancake with the automatic lenscap LC-37C. If I'm correct, using this cap precludes the use of a polarisation filter. Is this correct? Can I do without this filter whilst shooting ski holiday scenes? (Dark blue skies and white snow)? I noticed the camera comes with a scene function beach/ski, does this mean fitting a filter is not neccesary?

Thanks for your answers for this newbee...
Jeroen1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:01 AM   #2

Polarizing filters are great--I should use mine more often but I don't. If you get into a bit of post-production with your images you can do some things with the skies too.

Sorry I can't be more specific with your question about that lenscap--it looks neat though.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:17 AM   #3

If you go to this product at B&H Photo and read the reviews, three of the seven reviewers to date made sure to note it will not work with a filter.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:38 AM   #4

If you want to use a filter, maybe invest in some mittens that flip up, allowing you to remove the lens cap.
drew881 is offline   Reply With Quote