Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Jul 4, 2016, 11:21 AM   #1
Default Garden destroyer and some summer in Maine shots

With my dog Sandy's passing we've had an unfortunate pest move in, a woodchuck also known as a ground hog. This big sucker absolutely destroyed our greens in the garden, first mowing down the kale and then the chard, unsatisfied it took a run at our tomato plants next, clearly not to it's liking it stopped after eating a few tops. I always had thought tomatoes plants, leaves and stems, were toxic but apparently not toxic enough. A few days later it chowed down the Echinacea plant in my wife's flower garden, perhaps it had a cold? Catching it out in the back yard one day munching on some ferns and not having the proper thing to shoot it with I pulled out the camera and grabbed a few shots, E-M1 w/50-200mm @200mm ISO 1600 1/400 f3.5

Destroyer of my Garden by ramcewan, on Flickr

As has been the case the last couple of summers I have been spending my free time up in Maine on Long Lake. This past weekend being no exception we took Friday off and went up Thursday night and stayed through last night when we fled to avoid the traffic today. Friday night a band of nasty storms passed through and I captured this shot of ominous clouds coming in with the 7-14mm on the E-M1

Storm clouds over long lake by ramcewan, on Flickr

The next day brought cooler weather and bright sunshine and we took the opportunity for a short hike up Hawk Mountain in Waterford, ME. This is looking back with Crystal lake on the left, Long lake center and Shawnee peak on the right

Hawk Mountain by ramcewan, on Flickr

That evening I captured a nice long exposure (1.6sec) catching the after sunset glow

Long Lake Mirror by ramcewan, on Flickr

Hope everyone else is having a safe and happy fourth of July weekend!
in my bag: e-m1, 7-14mm pro, 14-54mm mk ii, 50-200mm mk i, 70-300mm
in my pocket: e-pm2 lumix 12-32
ramcewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2016, 12:48 PM   #2

Great shots!! #3 and #4 are my favs of the set.

Those guys cause all kinds of problems here as well. Mostly in the bean fields.

I have several farmers that allow me to "take care" of their groundhog problems.

Have rifle - will travel is my slogan
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2016, 9:41 PM   #3

Boy, the landscape options you have available to you are fantastic, and you do really well with them.

Billy sounds like just the man for the job, and that guy'll not see his shadow next winter.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote