Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 13, 2002, 2:03 AM   #1
Default Oympus D-100

Hi everybody!

Iīve decided to buy a digicam some weeks ago and then I started to look for
some web sites to give me tips about the best ones etc. I bought an Olympus D-100. Great cam but I canīt see the pictures on my PC.
I made the connections on the USB but when I try to get the pictures on the
computer by CAMMEDIA MASTER SOFTWARE it doesnīt work. It shows the cam Drive (F but it blinks all the time and donīt allow me to to get it. On the manual
they say the cam must be in "Setup Mode" but they donīt explain how to get
this mode. Is there anyone here to help me??

durval is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2002, 3:55 AM   #2

When trying to access your D-100 with your computer via USB make sure the cover is closed (camera off). There is no special mode that you have to enable. Picture files are in removable disk [f:]/Dcim/100olymp/. There are also USB issues with Win 98 SE and Camedia software issues with Win XP. The USB driver doesn’t work with a Win 98 upgrade from Win 95. Go here for latest updates.

To get things working using Win 98 SE I did the following. First download latest driver from above link.

1. Remove driver that you installed from Olympus CD. No need to uninstall Camedia software.
2. Restart Windows and plug D-100 into USB port
3. When asked for new driver point to folder that contains new driver from above link.

You will be able to see your cam drive in My Computer and Windows Explorer if everything is working. You don’t need Camedia to see the files.
Tim-Beck is offline   Reply With Quote