Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jun 6, 2003, 5:17 PM   #11

Actually I'm really NOT upset and have no intention of suing. And I unfortunately couldn't read my manual until after I owned the camera. In fact I like the camera so much that I bought ANOTHER Olympus for my wife!

BUT, that doesn't change the negative feeling I get just knowing Olympus pulled a stupid move like this, AND continues it with xD cameras.

If I were to want panorama I could easily use software to create the same effect. And all of my cards have been hacked so it is a moot point.

I also would have no problem with Olympus voiding my warranty if someone else serviced my camera. If the camera were still under warranty why would I have someone else service it? It is in fact illegal for Ferrari or any other car company (in the US) to require you to use their parts or service for routine maintenance. Anything above routine maintenance would be covered under warranty and it would be pretty stupid to pay for service and then complain about your warranty being void. As long as you can prove that the required service (oil changes etc.) has been done, they cannot void your warranty.

Anyway, if you think this tactic is a good idea, do nothing. If you don't like it at least write or call Olympus.
jbailey is offline   Reply With Quote