Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Oct 23, 2006, 7:49 AM   #1

I am looking at purchasing one of these cameras. I assume the upgrade is always better. But, does the SP 510 have AF assist illumination - does anyone know? I ahve found that to be important in terms of how quickly a camera will focus. Anything I should know for or against either of these? I like the in-camera editing options, the zoom size, etc. I just can't find the answer to that AF assist question. Also the 510 says it has long battery life. Does the 500 not have that?
JenRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2006, 2:39 AM   #2

I have used Olympus -Superzoom since C700,C750 and SP500,and plan to buy Sp510.

Sp510 no have AF assist illumination ,about shooting performance I used to test sp500 by using continuous mode, I can take more than 80 shot, the buffer still not busy, the speed performance very good, battery life for SP500,I use 2500 NM battery each set can take more than 700 shot.

The advantage of SP510 is 7.1 Megapixels, Digital image Stabilization, and ISO Rating 4000.

pcsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2007, 11:11 PM   #3

I have been using the SP-510 since Christmas. It does have auto-focus illumination.
Go to the menus and select the Setup menu. Auto-focus illumination is near the end of the list.

mclapp is offline   Reply With Quote