Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Nov 13, 2006, 1:58 PM   #1

I have a Olympus FE-190 camera. Few days ago, as I was trying to load pictures from camera using a card reader into computer. As I read the photo in windows explorer using thumbnail view, it was too slow. So, I unplug the USB port attached to the card reader.

Here's the problem, when I try to plug back the card reader into the computer again, through the windows explorer I can only see the folders in the XD card without all the important photos I took. And when I check the XD card drive properties in windows, I can see the size used by the photos are still there.

When I plug in the XD card into the camera, it shows 'no-photos'. So, I started to take photos again. After 10minutes, I turn on the camera again, it alarmed, and showed me a blue screen with only 2 options, Power Off / Format.

Ok, these photos are very important to me. I'm wondering if I Format the card in the camera, will the content go off? Is there any other ways to solve this? Appreciate if you can help. Thanks.

tskho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 15, 2006, 9:16 AM   #2

There are software programs that will recover the images from a corrupted card (which you seem to have).

Try this one - it is free - cut and paste this into your browser.
bilzmale is offline   Reply With Quote