Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Dec 18, 2006, 9:38 PM   #1

been quite disappointed with my Olympus C-5050 Zoom. Been in the shop once (right after warantee) for a problem with the motor/gears for extending the lens - which cost me a quick $200.

Now the camera has problems taking pictures. Often get a horizontal banding effect in the LCD display. It almost looks like hoirzontal interference patterns which are regularly spaced via the camera LCD or when imported into iPhoto. These are especially noticable if I turn down the brightness in iPhoto. The images also have a strange purple cast to them (purple sky in outside shots which have no purple in the sky). The flash always seems to overexpose the pictures too.

Sometimes there are black lines the images appear as if they lost horizontal sync in the LCD display. Other times 1/2 of the image is blacked out in the LCD.

Anyone know the possible cause of this - that is if its been a recurring problem for others?

I really miss the reliability of my old OM-1, 35mm. I had that camera for about 30 years and it was a great camera.

m_ahlenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2007, 12:21 AM   #2

Hi Mark, I was just reading about a problem with the C-5050 and saved the info. Here is a link to the info, it is from Olympus.

Here is some more info about the same problem that refered me to the above link.

I hope this helps.

mebareit is offline   Reply With Quote