Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old May 11, 2007, 4:34 PM   #1

Hi, I have a 1GBXD memory card in my Olympus Stylus 800. The camera is telling me that the Memory card is full but it shoudnt be.. because I have been taking pictures, and then transferring them to a file on my computer. Normally after I would put the pictures on my computer, they would still be on my camera too.But last time I did this, there were no more pictures on my camera, andwhen I went to take more pictures, the camera saidthecard is full. I turned it to "Scene" andit let me take one picture and said it was full.

when i plug the camera into the computer all my original pictures come up, in the files that I have put them in. They dont come up on my camera,it only shows one picture on my camera,but it still says the memory card in full.

Is this a matter of re-formatting the card? Maybe its too old (bought it a year ago)... Is it that I need to delete some of the files of pictures that come up when I connect the camera to the computer.. (the other pics are in separate folders so they shouldnt delete)..

I'm not really sure why this is happening, does anyone have any idea? I really appreciate it!!
hillary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 12, 2007, 12:20 PM   #2

Hi Hillary: sounds like your xD card is simply full; you need to delete all the photos off the card. I also recommend that you buy an inexpensive card reader to use when transferring photos to your computer.

It's also a good idea to reformat your xD card. It's one of the menu choices in your camera. After the reformat, your card will be empty and ready for more shots.

Good luck,

Steven R.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote