Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jun 14, 2007, 3:34 AM   #1

Does anyone know how to convert an ordinary JPG file so that it can be viewed on the camera display? Reason for the question: I cropped a pic and saved it as an ordinary JPEG file and threw away the original. Now when I transfer the pic back to the camera, it gives an error rather than displaying the pic (even though I can view it on the PC in many different kinds of software, including the Olympus Master program). I tried using the "convert" option of Olympus Master, but that did not work. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

andynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 15, 2007, 6:01 PM   #2

Most cameras are very picky about viewing images. If you edit an image in any way, chances are, most camera will refuse to display it. Sometimes if the resolution is identical and you retain the original EXIF (most editors modify it), you can get it to work if you are sure the photos are back in their original folder on the card.

But, more often than not, editing an image and trying to get it to display on the camera again is going to fail. You could try one of the EXIF backup tools available to try and backup and restore the original EXIF to the edited image. EXIFER is one example of a tool capable of doing that.

But, you'd need the original, unmodified images to back up from first, and depending on the way it was modified, it still may not display.

There is a software package available that might be able to make them displayable:

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote