Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Jul 11, 2007, 2:54 PM   #1

I´ve been using my XD card for a while now with no serious problems. The other day I took some photos and removed the card from the camera and put the card into my cardreader on my computer.
I opened the folder and there were no files...I thought they were all deleted and lost.
Then I put the card back into the camera and the photos reappeared again. I check the camera (without the card inserted) again to see if the photos were accidently saved in the camera´s memory and there were not.
So it´s really strange. Can anyone tell me what to do to recover the photos, why it happened and how to avoid this happening again ?
The photos were from my son´s birthday party !!!!
roopak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2007, 3:22 PM   #2

You can go to the Kim Komando web site, http://www.komando.com. Type "recover photo" in the search box. That will lead you to a list of choices, one of which will show you how to get a free program that can recover your photos for yoy.

mclapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 9:29 PM   #3

Also, try to download the photos directly from your camera. Hook your camera to the computer instead of using the cardreader, and see if you can download that way. It's possible that the cardreader is bad, or some dirt prevented a good connection between the cardreader and the card. Anyway, you need to know if the camera can download directly from the card. If you can download that way, get the photos transferred to your computer, and there reformat your card in the camera.

Good luck.

Steven R.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2007, 5:01 PM   #4

thanks for the quick response guys....
i tried using a recovery program...in fact 3 or 4 of them but they only give me the .mov files i recorded in .jpg format. therefore i have a whole bunch of pictures from the movie i recorded. is there anyway of reassembling it into a movie ? also as they are now jpg...how can i recover the sound from the movie ?
i ran out of battries on the camera and hence couldn´t connect it to the computer...will try that tomorrow and see if i can recover it from there.
until then......
roopak is offline   Reply With Quote