Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Apr 26, 2009, 1:43 AM   #11

Hi there

i had the same problem with the c-750 luckily i had another newer olympus camera and through trial and error the only xd card the c-750 supports is up to 512Mb xd Card. So i would suggest going to Ebay and buying one which can be quite difficult as there are very few people who sell them as the minimum is 1Gb or 2 Gb in xd card format. I bought a 512Mb Cardf and the camera works fine with this card

It doesnt say this anywere in the user manual that i could see but if you do buy some 512mb Cards then get as many as you can because they are almost out of date now and i think they will not be manufactured anymore

milorad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 7:40 PM   #12
Default 512 and 1G capability now

Olympus does have the new firmware upgrade option which will allow the use of the 512 and 1 g smart cards. You have to send your camera to one of the two repair facilities either West Coast or East Coast and they pay for everything if you show proof of purchase of these cards and some other small details. If not it cost $39 there abouts.
Go to the Olympus web page and search in the support section and it will provide you with the details.
I bought two 2 g's so I am SOL but at least I got a good deal on them
guardian33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:06 PM   #13

This has got to be one of the stupidest things Olympus has ever done (before introducing the viewfinderless SP-800UZ).

Olympus DEVELOPED the xD card, it's their baby (OK, co-developed with Fuji). When the cards first came out they had an upper potential limit of 8gig (this is documented). Yet knowing this Olympus didn't develop their cameras to be ready for the 8gig capacity.

It sure bugged me when I recently picked up a used C-750 and pulled my 2g xD out of my E-330 to try out my new camera, and got upset it didn't work thinking the camera I just bought was broken.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote