Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Olympus

Old Aug 20, 2003, 3:50 PM   #1
Default LENS QUESTION for Olympus C-5050

What's are some of the best, most powerful telephoto and wide-angle lenses that can be attached to the Olympus Camedia C-5050 Zoom? I'm new to digital photography so all the help out there I can get will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks.
scubakook is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 22, 2003, 6:37 AM   #2

I have a Tiffen 2:1 tele lens, came with 2 adapter tubes for $79 at Circuit City. But it does make the cam much heavier and a lot bigger, just for 6x zoom. (So I got a C-730 to fix those problems) :twisted:
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2003, 11:15 AM   #3

TCON 1.7 and B300 are excellent teleconverters, and I would highly recommend the WCON-08E wide angle adapter. You can check the Olympus website to find out what kind of adapter tube/step-up ring required for your particular camera.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2003, 7:54 AM   #4
Default Additional lenses for C-5050

lg posted a couple of really good lens suggestions. I've got both the B-300 (predecessor to the TCON-17) and the WCON-7 (ever so slightly wider angle than the WCON-8.) Both produce excellent images. One thing to keep in mind with the C-5050 and the optical viewer is that most add-on lenses will block some or all of the optical viewer and you will need to use the lcd display on the back. Suggestion is to find a store that will let you try the lens in the store to see if how much the optical viewer is blocked and whether or not you can live with it. (Same goes for the flash - some to complete blocking - unless you add an external flash.) And as lg stated, you will need a lens adapter tube to attach the lenses to your camera with.

www.b-300.com is a good place for Oly lenses (I bought both of mine there) and adapter tubes. Also check www.2filters.com for non-Olympus tubes and add-on lenses.

That all said, I really like the Olympic lenses - top notch performers.

Paul in NoVA
C-730 B-300 WCON-7
plg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2003, 11:34 AM   #5

just to add to the above, the oly tcon17/wcon07 are pretty high quality lenses. you can find reviews of them on a 5050 at www.wrotniak.net under the photo tidbits section.

somynex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 9:36 AM   #6

Well if you want the most powerful in Teleconverter lens I would have to say the CrystalVue LX Lens is by far the most powerful. Here is the link to the websire and sample pics that have been taken with.without the lens on the C5050:

Altaman is offline   Reply With Quote